Monday 16 November 2009

Feeling virtuous

The lady we rent our fields from has hurt her back terribly and her husband is away for a couple of weeks. Just typical that something would happen whilst no-one is around to help! So today I turned out her pony, mucked her out, then brought her in, and walked their lab and retriever. They also have a wee Westie but he was much happier sat indoors by the fire, sensible lad!

This was in addition to poo-picking the boys' paddock and topping up waters. Am a little weary but warm with the glow of satisfaction one gets from a day at the yard ticking lots of tasks off the list! And it's nice to help out, especially when their pony can be turned out and brought in without a headcollar or even a leadrope :)

Sadly by the time I'd completed these tasks the rain we'd been forecast had arrived. So the boys didn't do anything constructive. They both look a little bored. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so I'm hoping for some time in the school. I tried some stretches in the stable with Quadi, trying to trigger the reflex under his tummy that raises his back. He was a little grumpy about it, not sure if he's sore or if I was prodding too hard. Will try again tomorrow. I used the stables that face out onto the yard today and he was a little more settled which helped. His Gastrisoothe Plus arrived today so he'll be on that as of tomorrow.

I did manage to take a few snaps from walking the dogs in the forest. We took a little longer than expected because I got lost again! Really have to learn my way around the woods *lol* Ralph is the retriever, the lab is called Jackson. I had a great time, it was good for me to be out and about on varied terrain, even attempted a jog along with them in my Muck Boots!









No comments:

Post a Comment