Tuesday 8 December 2009

Bouncing like a cork

I expect that's what we'll be doing for the next couple of days. The great news is I am heading home, and I don't have to fly. The bad news is the sail from Bergen to Aberdeen will be very lively indeed. Having just perused the shipping forecast I can see severe weather warnings for the Norway side (Viking, North Utsire & South Utsire for those in the know!) and high winds in Forties too. Hurrah(!) I have some anti-seasickness meds prepped, although I don't want to take them because they make me thirsty and sedate me to the point of being unable to talk. I'm sure those around me won't mind that at all ;)

The forecast also means the sail will take longer than usual, but I'll be home on Thursday. Hurrah!

Onto Quadi: the weather and dark nights mean poor Kate doesn't always get to work with them. She has been doing a lot of ride-and-lead which is great for both boys. Quadi is looking sound and feeling well enough to harrass poor Fin by bum-nipping when his buddy is trying to have a roll. He's happy and healthy and I am looking forward to seeing him.

I have some photos of Quadi from when Kate's friend visited in the summer, have a cracking headshot and some funny rude pics when Quadi got very excited about physio stretches. Must remember to ask her permission to post them!

2 comments:

  1. Safe crossing! Sooner you than me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rather you than me, the north sea in winter... the shipping forecast will be a "must listen" for you - safe sailing.

    ReplyDelete